Friday, July 8, 2016

Back from vacation!

I've spent the past few weeks in Europe with my family having a great vacation! I'm finally back and am trying to get caught up with work and painting away. I'll have more art to post next week when I've had some time to finish new projects.

Here's my husband (painted by Frans Hals in Haarlem, The Netherlands). I think my husband sort of matches the painting with that long half grey beard, lol. And that's my daughter at the Trevi Fountain in Rome. What a beautiful city!


Below is a set of pretty folk art birds I painted as a graphic set. I just love a whimsical style of bright, cheerful art and thought cute birds and funky trees go well together. This set is available in my store as well as on Etsy and CreativeMarket.


Happy PPF!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun vacation in Europe, we have some nice places here! Love the bold, bright colours of your folksy art, very inspiring! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is beautiful and so are those adorable little birds. Welcome back to the good ole' USA and all our trials and tribulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yes, your husband really fits the painting! Your folk birds are so beautiful, love those sparkling bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful folk art paintings! Funny how your dh resembles the one in the painting. As for Trevi when my dh and I went to see it, it was being repaired or something. It was completely empty except for construction tools and materials. Lots of disappointed tourists like us were standing around hoping for a miracle filling of the fountain. Did not happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family...handsome hubby and gorgeous daughter!! Looks like you had a fabulous time!! Of course this whimsical bird painting is amazing...LOVE EVERYTHING about it, including that black background!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bright birds against the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roma! Molto Bella! I was fortunate enough to take student groups there three times. It is such a great experience. It would be wonderful if I could go with just my family and go a little slower. I'm glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete