Tuesday, September 17, 2013

29 Faces: Face 15

I didn't get a chance to finish David today but I did manage to finish Face 15 for the 29 Faces art challenge. This one is based on an old photo I have. I can't remember if it came from the Brady-Handy collection or if it was one of those funny links on Buzzfeed. It was a nice exercise in values!

Speaking of old photos, if you're not familiar with the Brady-Handy collection of civil war era photos, it's definitely worth a browse. Tons of high resolution photos in the public domain. 

Below I've posted some of the acrylic ATCs I did from this collection of photos. Tons of great portrait shots there.

I'll come back to Michaelangelo's David tomorrow. Hopefully.





 

 I managed to fit in drawing a couple of Halloween Digital Stamps for my Etsy store today. One is a set of naughty pumpkin monster and the other is a Zombie Crossing stamp. I love Halloween!





10 comments:

  1. I love Halloween too! Fun images. Your face 15 is amazing! You do wonderful artworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawings are just so wonderful, the modelling of the face and the hair, and the delicate sideburns. I am just lost in admiration for your artistic talents. I shall look up the archive you mention, it is very good of you to share this info.
    I must come back for another look two or three times today, and also leave comments on the posts I have missed.
    Marvellous work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and white photo you drew! Your digi stamps are really cute as well! I love the movement and life in your work. Mine is always a little flat. Great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single picture is great! I hope I could do the same! But I am glad you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage artwork very much! #15 is a gorgeous hunk. Love his muttonchops. (Is that what that's called???)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning portrait. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! A wonderfully cool grayscale portrait. So manly! So stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such a range of styles in your work and it's all wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete